The Junior Library Custodian’s main responsibility is the cleaning and maintenance of Library buildings and grounds (including interior, exterior, and roofs), and performing custodial tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Requirements:
- Successfully performs custodial tasks including sweeping, mopping, waxing & disinfecting
- Make recommendations for repairs and maintenance upkeep
- Make minor repairs and replace equipment as required
- Responsible for room set-up and the moving of furniture and equipment
- Keep inventories and records, order supplies, and prepares required reports
- Enforce safety requirements and protects the building and grounds
- Graffiti removal, fire department inspections, multiple clean up of grounds area, opening doors for staff, UPS, FedEx, bottled water deliveries and set-up, opening/monitoring buildings for Department of Design & Construction (DDC) and construction activities, proper recycling and sorting, garbage disposal, and will assist with Interchange and deliveries.
- Performs other related work as required
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum of at least 1 years of custodial-related experience.
- Must meet physical and medical requirements and be able to lift moderate to heavy material
- Ability to strip, wax & operate a buffing machines;
- Ability to sweep, mop & operate a vacuum
- Must know proper cleaning procedures to clean & disinfect restrooms & public areas.
- Familiar with power equipment such as, snow blowers, lawn mowers & gas power equipment.
- Must be familiar with building systems such as; heating, air conditioning, plumbing & electrical systems.
- Must be willing to work at multiple locations & familiar with Brooklyn neighborhoods
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to comprehend all safety related materials and instruction
- Ability to work all shifts including holidays, Saturdays and Sundays; different shifts available
- All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check, physical & drug screening.
- Starting salary: $28,330
All interested and qualified applicants should submit their resumes via email to: email@example.com . No phone calls or faxes please. EOE
Brooklyn Public Library is an independent New York City library system serving the borough of Brooklyn. It is the fifth largest in the...