Position Title |
Junior Plant Operator
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life. With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InVia Plant Junior Operator
Looking for an exciting new career with great pay and benefits? Join the Invia team! Invia’s San Antonio, Texas Plant will be hiring for a Junior Plant Operator. Core responsibilities include assisting senior plant operators in loading truck and transport vessels; operating pumps, colloid mill, forklift, boiler and associated hot oil equipment and blend/storage tanks. You must also complete required documentation for production and shipping.
• Read, understand, and follow all plant safety and operating procedures to ensure compliance with safety and environmental rules and regulations
• Adhere to housekeeping and safety practices; participate in plant safety programs
• Work under the direction of senior operations and management staff to operate plant equipment and follow manufacturing procedures
• Assist with daily log sheets and production records to ensure accurate tracking of material inventories and recording of plant production
• Assist senior operators and management staff to perform basic equipment troubleshooting and to use shop tools to perform basic equipment repairs and maintenance
• Assist with loading and off loading of bulk dry and liquid materials from over the road transport equipment
Required skills and experience
• High school diploma or GED
• 1-2 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing facility – chemical manufacturing experience preferred
• High level of technical aptitude with the ability to learn and multi-task
• Good reading, writing, and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with basic math skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Experience working with safety policies
• Experience working with valves, pumps, motors, weigh scales, and related plant equipment
Starting rate of $13/hr. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Prescription drug coverage, Vision, Life insurance, Vacation, 13 paid holidays, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 401k, Pension, and up to 100% tuition reimbursement.
The hiring process includes drug testing, physical, background, and reference checks.
MWV is an equal opportunity employer
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 18 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...