Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
Higher One is not your typical financial services company. Our environment is open – we do not have offices – not even for upper management. We typically work in casual attire, and while our focus on excellence is anything but casual, we know how to have fun, too. Teams have been known to plan surprise nerf gun attacks on other departments. We work hard – and we have fun while we do it.
The Junior Project Manager will work within the Department of Banking Operations. The role will require an individual whom is an excellent facilitator, enjoys working with people, and learns rapidly. The ideal candidate will possess an aptitude for working in a Technology/Financial-institution environment.
The Junior Project Manager will work closely with Higher One’s largest vendor (Fiserv) providing project management support as well as technical support for the existing Project Management Team. Projects will relate to launching new products and services as well as improving existing operational systems and processes.
The position will also involve working on internal strategic projects not related to vendors. Such internal projects will vary in complexity, duration and size and will primarily be driven by business needs.
The ideal candidate will be an individual, who can think creatively, solve problems with limited direction or guidance, be comfortable in an open environment where team work is strongly emphasized, has an innate interest in the financial industry as well as the technical aspects of the banking and card payments industry.
- Manage and coordinate a variety of projects using project management skills
- Conduct stakeholder and risk analysis and implement findings for projects
- Define, plan, track, and manage projects
- Liaise within and across departments in order to complete tasks on time, within budget and to predetermined quality specifications
- Develop quality relations and support team work and communications
- Perform project related administration as needed
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate customer and vendor involvement throughout the implementation of a project.
- Manage project schedule and task details
- Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues
- Report on project progress, tradeoffs, problem areas and delays
- 1-3 years related experience (In financial/technology institutions preferred)
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- Project management certification (Preferred)
Comfortable working with and learning technology systems and applications
- Project management software (such as MS project)
- High level of proficiency in MS office suite
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...