What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Under general supervision and/or own initiative evaluates, selects and applies standardized scientific or engineering procedures and techniques to assignments of moderate complexity, involving potentially conflicting design requirements, unavailability of materials or processes, etc. Incumbent seeks continual improvement of work practices from experience with moderate-sized projects; develops extensions to existing methods and protocols. Manages projects of moderate size and scope; makes substantial contributions to determining feasibility of goals and objectives. Identifies problems and related technical issues leading to long-term, generic solutions; identifies technical approach for solving problems and meeting customer/grantor needs. Performs tasks of a larger scope and often leads specific tasks within the project scope. Sought out for contributions to reports and publications; author/co-author on papers, proposals, presentations and reports; gives invited papers. Interacts in a collaborative manner with other team members to accomplish organizational goals; provides ideas to improve organizational efficiency at group and department levels. Creates, monitors and implements effective plans; takes lead for scoping tasks/projects; assembles research team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ability to work with experienced simulation engineers to develop real-time Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) simulations of guided weapons.
- Uses HWIL simulations to evaluate weapon system and subsystem performance
- Assists in integration of HWIL facility equipment and weapon guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C) subsystems into HWIL simulations
- Performs tests and analyses to verify and validate simulation performance.
- Performs simulation configuration management / control and produces simulation documentation.
Ability to design, develop, implement, verify and test algorithms and software and simulation tools to perform guidance, navigation and control of aircraft, spacecraft, submersibles, surface ships, missiles, launch vehicles and upper stages during powered and coast phases of launch, flight, earth orbit, interplanetary cruise and orbital insertion, as well as during staging events.
Must have a BA/BS in Engineering or Physics and 0 to 2 years of experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills Conscientious, organized and meticulous Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions Team oriented Capable of working independently and without direction on assigned tasks/projects Works as a member of a team and assists with solving complex problems Exhibit and practice professional behavior with both internal and external customers Performs other duties and assignments as directed by Management
- Low to Moderate travel (5 - 10%) may be required.
- Must have US Citizenship with a Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
The AEgis Technologies Group, Inc. - 12 months ago