Sagient Research Systems is a publisher of specialized research, consultant services, and data. We develop, produce, and sell proprietary research products to global enterprises, including investment banks, mutual and hedge funds, pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions, and government agencies. Our business strategy is to continue to leverage our development, technology, and marketing expertise to solidify our position as a leading provider of independent research. We offer an environment that encourages innovative thinking, early responsibility, and exciting challenges.
We are currently seeking two Research Analysts for our BioMedTracker service. BioMedTracker has quickly become a leading source of primary research, drug development data, and financial projections for mutual funds, hedge funds, and pharmaceutical companies. *This position is in our San Diego, California office*.
The Research Analyst position is our entry-level position. The primary role of the Research Analyst is to assist the BioMedTracker team in collecting information about drugs being developed by biotechnology companies. The candidate will be responsible for finding information about drugs in the biotechnology sector, following the day-to-day market driven events occurring to those drugs, and entering the data into our proprietary database.
1. Bachelor's degree (in Science, Economics or Finance a plus)
2. Some experience with biotechnology preferred, but not required
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
4. Excellent Internet research skills
5. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
6. Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multitask
7. Ability to work well within a group setting