Junior Software Developer:|
NorthPoint Solutions is a premier technology solutions provider focused on the alternative investment sector (Hedge Fund Industry). NorthPoint designs and implements software applications that address the operational and portfolio management challenges that asset managers face.
We are currently seeking bright, motivated graduates with a degree in Computer Science (or related major) and 1-3 yrs of experience to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in a great career in the exciting and challenging field of financial services technology with opportunity to grow both your business and technology skills.
As an Associate Consultant you will play an important role in the development, implementation, and support of our software solutions to our Alternative Investments clients. NorthPoint works on full life cycle projects, typically with smaller, agile teams of 2-3 consultants. You will be trained on NorthPoint’s Solution Frameworks the foundation for the services and solutions we provide to our clients, and grow into a role in our consulting practice.
Requirements for the Role :
What We Offer:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related major from a top school
- 1-3 year of experience either during school or after graduating
- Strong foundation in object oriented development (C++, C#, or Java)
- Good understanding of database concepts
- Desire to develop your knowledge of financial services asset classes and instruments
- Desire to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment where technology has a direct impact on business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and desire to work in a client facing roll
Excellent exposure to financial services business knowledge including asset classes, instruments, workflows and products Training in advanced programming techniques including Win forms, C# and SQL Server Experience gained in working with complex architectures that include multi-threading, messaging technologies and interfacing with industry specific products Training on NorthPoint’s Financial Services Solution Frameworks in use at our clients Experience gained in understanding alternative investment operational and investment processes and procedures Ability to advance in NorthPoint’s Financial Services consulting practice Competitive Base Salary with Incentives Comprehensive Benefits Program
NorthPoint is a leading business and technology consulting firm specializing in custom business applications and solutions that help clients...