A Progress Software Developer will work along with a mentor to develop, improve, or maintain innovative software applications. The Software Developer will be part of a team and take direction from a mentor assigned by a Team Leader. The Software Developer will be required to take an active role in design and code reviews, assist with delivery estimates, and provide feedback about all aspects of the process. The Software Developer will work with a variety of team members across the entire organization.
- Work with other engineers, business analysts, Progress DBA's, architects, QA, and product managers in solving new and existing technical challenges and tasks.
- Understand requirements, implement designs, provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects and tasks.
- Research and resolve all 3 rd tier production support requests.
- Work closely with business analysts, providing research to aid in determining task requirements.
- Perform regular on-call duties.
- Participate in Design and Code Reviews.
- Follow and enhance existing development processes.
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability.
- Maintain ownership of the projects assigned.
- Consistently meet project deadlines.
- Interface with business leaders in the early development of specifications and requirements.
- 0-2 years of programming or related experience in Open Edge Progress.
- 0-2 years of experience in software testing and design.
- 0-2 years of database related experience.
- 1-2 years working in a team environment or with a mentor.
- Effective working in a collaborative environment.
- Drive and determination to learn and become a better engineer.
- Ability to grasp broad, loosely developed concepts while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to understand business concepts.
- Practical knowledge of unit testing.
- Practical knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and concepts like Agile.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills This role will also require periodic on call duties.
- Some college experience in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
Quicken Loans - 23 months ago