The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) is searching for a Jr. Staff Accountant to be based in Washington, D.C. Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank working exclusively on those issues at the local, national and international levels. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
The Jr. Staff Accountant will support CCAP’s Finance Department. S/he will provide financial research, report-writing through Microsoft Dynamics and Excel, assisting Director of Accounting in monthly closing. Responsibilities include:
The position is available immediately. Expected salary range is $38,000-$42,000 depending on the individual’s qualifications and experience, and full benefits are provided.
- Researching and organizing financial reports
- Journal entries for month end closing
- Designing and completing excel spreadsheets
- Accounts Receivable, Invoicing
- Interaction with Development and Director of Finance on Budget results
This is an ideal position for a recent college graduate with 1-2 years of experience, looking to work in a non-profit environment. The successful candidate will be able to learn quickly on the job, work independently, and manage multiple tasks. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance or related field
- Coursework or experience in accounting required
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and timeliness with deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office including: Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Prior experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Solomon) a plus
Applications, including a cover letter describing your qualifications and your resume (in Word or PDF format) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also reference where you learned of the position. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type “Jr. Staff Accountant” and your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. The Center for Clean Air Policy is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank...