Technology & Management Solutions
Junior Travel Execution and Reporting Support Analyst
Our Technology & Management Solutions group is growing and we are currently seeking a Junior Analyst to support the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. S&T’s mission is to improve homeland security by working with partners to provide state-of-the-art solutions and/or technology that helps them achieve their missions. Our staffing need is associated with the acquisition of professional financial support and other services for the S&T Directorate, Finance and Budget Division that is not inherently governmental. The Finance and Budget Division provides the S&T Directorate with high-quality, efficient, and cost-effective financial management services through five branches: the Budget Branch, the Acquisition Branch, the Financial Services Branch, the Financial Operations Branch, and the Internal Controls Branch. This position is to support the Travel Management Office (TMO). The TMO is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing travel processes and several integrated and non-integrated systems used by federal and non-federal travelers for both domestic and international travel in compliance with the Federal Travel Regulations, departmental policies and S&T processes and procedures. The Travel Operations, Policy, and Support Program (TOPS) centralizes travel preparation and support by travel experts in the CFO shop (FBD). TOPS primary goals are to improve the overall travel experience for the Federal Traveler, improve fiscal oversight of S&T travel activity and operations, support the Secretary’s Travel Efficiency Initiative which targets the elimination of non-mission critical travel and the reduction of travel costs and implement streamlined processes that document these costs savings, and to improve communications and policy awareness related to the conduct of official travel. This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Preparation of manual and electronic Travel Authorization (TA) and Expense Report Requests submitted by program office travelers and invitational travelers conducting travel on behalf of a program office for both domestic and international travel.
- Submit and monitor Emergency Ticketing Requests.
- Submit and monitor Centrally Billed Account Use Requests.
- Maintain and review travel card status/balance/credit limit information in bank system as necessary to carry out travel support functions.
- Submit and monitor travel card limit increase requests on behalf of the traveler when necessary.
- Provide guidance to travelers regarding execution of appropriated funds through the charge card program in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations and departmental policies.
- Establish and maintain a task tracking system to ensure business/programmatic action items and suspense dates are maintained.
- Post actions items and suspense dates on tracking system in a SharePoint-type environment for program management review, tracking, monitoring, and reporting.
- Ensure staff access to current processes and procedures via a SharePoint-type environment.
- Ensure processes and procedures reflect industry best practices for centralized travel support services and are compliant with the latest guidance provided by the department.
- Work with functional specialists, automation specialists, contractors, vendors, and clients to effectively translate the client’s requirements into an automated application.
- Bachelors degree or 2 years of additional experience
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Must possess an active high level government security clearance
- Experience with DHS the Travel Operations, Policy, and Support Program (TOPS)
- Use of automated databases such as the Execution Performance and Invoice Consolidation (EPIC) and web-based systems such as Fedtraveler.com to perform outline assignments and produce internal and external reports and analysis
- DHS experience
- An understanding of business process development and documentation
- Knowledge of the Federal government funds management processes
- Experience with travel management in the federal government
- Highly skilled in technical writing
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability in analyzing and presenting complex data
- Ability to work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate diverse program internal and external stakeholders
- Have both focus and drive
- Have a keen attention to detail and follow through
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to...