This position is for a Junior Varsity Boys' Tennis Coach at Highland Park Senior.
- Knowledge of the assigned sport.
- Physically able to carry out the coaching duties of the assigned sport.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous coaching experience.
- State coaching certification.
- CPR certification.
- Knowledge of physical fitness and sports safety.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Plan, organize and teach the fundamentals, strategies, rules and proper conditioning for the assigned sport.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship.
- Ensure that adequate supervision is provided for all students involved in the sport.
- Instruct sports participants in safety procedures and the need to report injuries to the coach immediately; implement procedures for handling injury situations; contact emergency personnel when necessary.
- Conduct tryouts for a team or for an individual to participate in a competition; select the players for a team or participants in individual sports who will represent the school.
- Instruct and work with athletes to assist them with perfecting their abilities and providing them guidance in keeping fit for competition and teaching them how to react under the pressure of competitive play.
- Prepare the team or individual athlete for competition by working out plays and strategies that are suit the strengths of the team/individual.
- Provide for the safety of student sports participants by inspecting and preparing equipment and facilities and by being aware of weather conditions and spectator reactions.
- Issue, collect and maintain inventory of uniforms and sports equipment as required.
- Reserve playing facilities and schedule practices; establish a schedule to play against other teams or schools for individual sports; arrange transportation to events.
- Ensure that players are academically eligible to participate in school sponsored sports.
- Comply with the rules and regulations of Saint Paul Public Schools and the Minnesota State High School League.
- Comply with all Minnesota High School League mandates and requests.
- Communicate to all students the policies of the team, school and school district relating to school sponsored sports activities.
- Complete reports and forms as required (e.g., team rosters, performance records).
- Participate in athletic awards programs as required by school or district.
- Contribute to the District's inclusive workplace efforts by fostering a safe, welcoming and respectful environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Coaches are paid a stipend in accordance with the Teacher negotiated labor agreement. The labor agreement and salary schedule can be found at http://hr.spps.org/labor_agreements.html .
There are no benefits available for temporary positions.
Criminal Background Investigation and Reference Checks - Reference checks and a criminal background investigation will be completed as a condition of hire for all new employees and for former employees who have not been employed by the District for more than six months.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
Saint Paul Public Schools - 13 months ago