Junior VoIP Unified Communications Systems Engineer
Location: Springfield, VA
The Junior VoIP Voice Engineer will assist with the install, design, development and maintenance of the Cisco unified communication environments for a US government facility in Europe and the African areas of operation. This includes all activities in support of implementation and maintaining Cisco Unified Communication (UC) services on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) platforms. The candidate should be versed in Cisco Unified Communication technologies. Those technologies include: Call Manager (v8.X), Unity Connection, voice gateways. The work is performed Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- Knowledge and experience of telecommunications principles and processes to include but not limited to Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity/Unity Connection and Cisco MeetingPlace express.
- Assist with the deployment and configuration of Cisco VoIP telephony environments for CONUS and OCONUS locations based on customer specifications.
- Configure UC services, Unity Connection configuration, and deploy end point devices (such as phones gateways and PRI trunks) and other aspects on a UC system at the direction of the Senior VoIP Communications engineer.
- Analyzes voice and network documentation and provides detailed reports to the senior engineer.
- Assists with the documentation and detailed network drawings and other required documentation based as needed.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work directly with different teams, and provide different levels of customer support and training.
- Able to test communication with the UCS systems and provide detailed test results.
- Experience working with MGCP, Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) implementation and maintenance
- Knowledge and understanding of basic networking principles and administration
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco Local Session Controllers and implementation
- 2+ years of experience with Cisco Unified Communications services
- 2+ years of experience with Cisco Communications Manager and Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection applications.
- CCNA (prefer CCNA Voice or CCNP Voice)
- Active Top Secret Clearance
washingtonpost.com - 5 months ago