Robbins Gioia is a respected, national, and global operations management and technology consulting firm that has served the public and private sector for over 30 years. RG pioneered the project and program management industry and has made our clients successful in their most complex initiatives. We advise and support governments and businesses across the nation and around the world. Our exceptional associates apply consultative and structured methods and enabling technologies to implement, manage, and improve critical capabilities, initiatives, projects, and programs. We offer advisory, training, technology and related support services in the areas of project and program management, process engineering and related information and telecommunications systems development and integration services and solutions.
Robbins Gioia is currently looking for Junior Web Developers/Testers to work on an upcoming contract. Robbins Gioia will be developing a major enhancement to an existing software solution for a federal government client using a customer mandated formal software development life cycle. The software development effort will run from requirements analysis, through design, coding, formal testing, customer acceptance testing, to deployment at several customer sites. The software solution will be centrally hosted at a government data center and will be composed of a web based user interface, utilizing Java and PowerBuilder business logic server side code, and an Oracle database. The software development effort will be accomplished by a team of developers and testers utilizing modern development techniques such as code reviews, unit tests, software configuration management, and integration, regression, and performance testing.
The Junior Web Developers are exempt resources who typically work with clients to define needs or problems. They help determine the project scope, define and execute data collection methodologies and plans, and conduct analysis of studies and surveys. Senior Technical Consultants analyze and validate data to determine solutions and advise on alternative methods or recommend solutions.
- JAVA Version - SDK J2EE 1.4, JDK 1.6 Java Server Pages (JSP) development, and maintenance
- Oracle 11g SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures
- Sybase EA Server 6.3+ and Sybase PowerBuilder 11.5+ Enterprise Visual Object, Non-Visual Object, and web based Data Window PDF report development and maintenance
- Ability to use requirements, physical data models, and Unified Modeling Language (UML) designs as guidance for software development
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting
- Through understanding of test methodologies and processes
- Demonstrated attention to detail and analytical skills
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Reports findings according to standards and procedures
- Experience with formal software development life cycle processes, deliverable generation, and reviews is a plus
- Experience with TOAD 9+ is a plus
- Experience using a software configuration management tool is a plus
- Experience using Subversion as a software configuration management repository is a plus
- One of the following education/experience combinations:
- Non-degreed & 10+ years of Technical experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field and 5+ years of Technical experience
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field and 3+ years of Technical experience
- 2+ years experience working in a software test environment executing manual and automated tests, fault identification, and reporting
- Current Secret clearance or ability to obtain one
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Robbins Gioia is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer.
Robbins Gioia, LLC - 11 months ago