Supervise and coordinate the activities of production employees to assure production schedule is met. Develop a competent workforce through training, communicating expectations, providing frequent feedback, and, when necessary, taking disciplinary action in accordance with Company policy. Monitor and enforce safety rules; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production employees consistent with Company policy.
· Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs set up and adjustments of machines.
· Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
· Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
· Develop a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods in the work area
· Maintain an effective safety awareness program, including regular departmental safety meetings. Provide timely written feedback on any injuries or accidents and make recommendations for precluding recurrence.
· Maintain accurate records of employee work hours, vacation time and other explained or unexplained absences; when necessary, take action to correct in accordance with plant policies.
· Communicate expectations to all employees; provide direction, instructions and feedback based on experience of employee. Follow up with appropriate recognition for good performance.
· Develop a collaborative relationship with all departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Seaboard Foods - 15 months ago