Summary: Deep cleaning of kitchen equipment in accordance with hotel standards. Complete washing of dishes, pots, pans or other equipment used in the kitchen.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Use correct chemicals for designated items for cleaning and sanitizing various surfaces according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Operate and maintain various machines such as dish washing machines, garbage disposals, sinks, grills, broilers, pots, pans, utensils and all other kitchen equipment and surfaces including the breakdown of machines as assigned.
- Transport garbage containers and all other debris from the kitchen area to designated dumpsters.
- Adhere to all Health Department sanitation and safety regulations as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Work Cards
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Six months to one year of experience or CTA Kitchen Worker certification
- Ability to communicate verbally in English
- Ability to inspect and/or detect odors to ensure product quality and safety.
- Ability to reach at least 2 feet above shoulders
- Ability to endure various and repetitive physical movements throughout the work areas during a full work shift.
- Walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying continuously standing, working indoors and using chemical agent (more than 75% of the time)
- Bending, kneeling, climbing and working outdoors (less than 25% of the time)
- Wearing protective clothing (50% of the time)
- Hearing, vision and speech (critical)
- Literacy (moderate)
- Ability to physically transport up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in smoky, noisy, humid and hot and cold tempered environments.
American Casino & Entertainment Properties
- 2 years ago - save job