Summary: Deep cleaning of kitchen equipment in accordance with hotel standards. Complete washing of dishes, pots, pans, or other equipment used in the kitchen.
and clean according to standards. Adhere to recycling regulations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all department policies/services/procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services / features and local attractions/ activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Handle all wares and equipment carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment in accordance to department standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
- Clean and wipe down designated equipment, machinery, walls, sinks, shelves, counters and storage boxes in the kitchen, room service/ restaurant service areas and cafeteria, following specified cleaning instructions and safety precautions.
- Clean all surfaces of ovens, grills, hot line burners, hoods/filters, deep fryers, steam kettles, steam tables, warming trays, broilers and any other kitchen equipment in accordance with department standards.
- Clean service elevators, tracks and all surfaces to department standards
- Remove grease from grease trap and clean to standards
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces and floor drains (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc).
- Transport mats to the loading dock and clean according to standards.
- Transport garbage containers from kitchen work areas to dumpster, empty
- Clean garbage compactor area and all surfaces according to department procedure.
- Organize equipment and service corridors and clean floors.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets, remove trash , wipe down shelves, clean floors, remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all health department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Clean refrigerator/freezers, ceilings and other items as assigned
- Work with chemical and machine repair personnel to repair machine, to improve quality and increase productivity or capacity of the machine.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete job functions of other departmental positions as assigned.
Required Work Cards
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Perform job duties with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Follow directions thoroughly and understand guest service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations.
- Exert physical effort in transporting up to 75 pounds 25% of time.
- Execute various physical movements throughout the work areas for 100% of work shift.
- Reach two feet above shoulders 25% of time.
- Satisfactorily communicate with management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Use tools or equipment requiring dexterity 100% of the time.
- Vision, hearing, speaking (critical).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Inspect and/or detect odors to ensure product quality and safety
American Casino & Entertainment Properties - 4 months ago