To complete section plan-o-gram work on a scheduled weekly basis in a grocery store environment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Read and understand plan-o-grams
· Collect plan-o-grams, new item tags and new item product and prepare work area in order to complete section reset
· Break down sections in an orderly manner to allow customers to shop other sections in that aisle
· Re-position shelving and place product according to updated schematic
· Clean up work area
· Complete forms and report section completion to Kroger and immediate supervisors
· Can work independently with little supervision
· Be professional and helpful when dealing with customers
· Maintain good relationship with store management team and staff
· Comply with the guidelines established for KOMPASS employees, especially those regarding timeliness, productivity, teamwork, communication and clocking in/out guidelines.
· Practice safe lifting
· Must be able to perform essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations
Minimum Position Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· Ability to read and understand plan-o-grams
· Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in the English language
Minimum Physical Abilities:
Must be able to:
· Remain standing for several hours at a time.
· Lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 pounds.
· Continuously reach up and bend down, kneel, squat, reach in all directions and have unlimited upper and lower body mobility.
· Lift and extend 30 pounds above the head, sometimes repeatedly.
· Have unlimited manual dexterity.
· Tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees).
Desired Previous Job Experience:
· Retail store experience
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
· Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships in Kroger Stores to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
· Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives Kroger employees confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
· Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in the English language.
· Customer Focus – Making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger employees.
· Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
· Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions in work situations.
· Negotiation – Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
· Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards.
· Self Starter – Working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period.
· Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.