Organize and reset items and pricing information on grocery store shelves according to a specific design (plan-o-gram) in a specified amount of time. Assignments vary weekly and require significant attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
* Read and understand plan-o-grams.
* Collect plan-o-grams, new item tags and new item product and prepare work area in order to complete section reset.
* Break down sections in an orderly manner to allow customers to shop other sections in that aisle.
* Re-position shelving and place product according to updated schematic.
* Clean up work area.
* Complete forms and report section completion to Kroger and immediate supervisors.
* Must be able to perform essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Ability to read and understand plan-o-grams.
* Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in the English language.
Minimum Physical Abilities:
Must be able to:
- remain standing for several hours at a time.
- lift, push or pull 50 pounds or more on a regular basis and occasionally up to 70 pounds.
- continuously bend up and down, reach in all directions and have unlimited upper body mobility.
- lift and extend 30 pounds above the head, sometimes repeatedly.
- have unlimited manual dexterity.
- tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures (0-90 degrees).
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Retail store experience
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships Developing and using collaborative relationships in Kroger Stores to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust Interacting with others in a way that gives Kroger employees confidence in ones intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in the English language.
- Customer Focus Making Kroger customers and their needs a primary focus of ones actions. Developing and sustaining productive relationships with Kroger employees.
- Decision Making Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Initiating Action Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive; generating innovative solutions in work situations.
- Negotiation Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Safety Awareness Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee and customer safety; upholding safety standards.
- Self Starter Working the majority of the time without direct supervision; prioritizing, organizing and completing workload accurately within allotted time period.
- Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
P.L. Marketing, Inc. - 4 months ago