utility, wit and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. as our world expands, our graceful, exuberant approach to the everyday is evident in every category we enter, from handbags and clothing to jewelry, shoes, stationery, glasses, baby and home.
kate spade new york has 42 retail shops across the united states, and is sold in every time zone and on every continent. whether in macau or michigan, our shops are always warm and inviting.
welcome to kate spade new york!
- execute strategic merchandising plan to drive and improve assortment and merchandising strategy
- manage open-to-buy and markdown/promotional approach to ensure achievement of sales, margin and turn targets.
- partner with merchandising team to develop and refine seasonal line architecture to maximize ecommerce needs
- analyze sales trend, key items, vendor profitability and aged inventory as well as making recommendations for driving improved performance
- Participate in weekly business review meetings recapping business trends and needs, upcoming events, marketplace conditions, competition, changing customer needs and communicating findings to respective team and upper management
- drive discussions with the planning team regarding buying strategies, inventory levels, and sale strategies
- partner with marketing manager to develop a seasonal marketing plan reflecting sales promotions and product launches that focus on store and on-line initiatives, review and modify monthly
- communicate with retail buyers & wholesale representatives about monthly markdown and promotional events
- Partner with ecommerce marketing and brand marketing to maximize the sales of major investments seasonally through editorial shoots and email calendar
- Develop and maintain an on-line selling environment that highlights key product by season
- Manage an on-line only assortment strategy consistent with overall enterprise merchandise strategy.
- Identify and manage emerging and declining trends in a timely manner.
- Develop sku count targets that drive sales and optimize fulfillment expenses
- ongoing development of assistant buyer
education and/or experience:
- demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow through on all aspects of responsibility
- ability to multitask and focus in a busy atmosphere
- ability to manage multiple projects and shift priorities
- comfortable with team based work structure, ability to demonstrate flexibility
- ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
- excellent time management, communication, and presentation skills
- proficient in excel (pivots, formulas, vlookups)
- demonstrated success in working on a collaborative team
- demonstrated organizational skills
- college degree preferred
- ecommerce experience preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience in buying
- 1+ years experience as a buyer
- must have vertical retail experience
Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. - 8 months ago
Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.) designs and markets a portfolio of retail-based, premium, global lifestyle...