utility, wit and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. as our world expands, our graceful, exuberant approach to the everyday is evident in every category we enter, from handbags and clothing to jewelry, shoes, stationery, glasses, baby and home.
kate spade new york has 42 retail shops across the united states, and is sold in every time zone and on every continent. whether in macau or michigan, our shops are always warm and inviting.
welcome to kate spade new york!
the new kate spade new york licensing manager will be responsible for managing, driving and executing the strategic business plan for licensed products. this person will serve as the brand ambassador and prime licensee contact, be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of licensed products and business, working via cross-functional teams including product development, design, sales, finance, legal, international, marketing, and public relations.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to serve as a key communicator, possess excellent leadership and presentation skills, as well as superb project management abilities.
business development and analysis:
- partner with the senior director on strategic planning/business development as well as deal structures, modeling, and implementation
- continually analyze and identify opportunities to drive/grow the business in both existing and new categories
- interface with international division to maximize new business opportunities
- manage ongoing business development and contractual requirements – oversight contract adherence, etc.
- partner with senior director to maintain, update, and drive lrp planning process on topline and by category basis
- partner with legal to amend, update, and terminate business agreements
- track financial performance of licensed business and follow up accordingly on next steps
- monitor monthly retail sales of licensed products
- monitor bookings to ly and plan seasonally
- prepare licensee sales information as needed for corporate presentations
- prepare agenda and brand information for quarterly business reviews with licensees
- maintain door matrix
- research and approve new account requests as well as highlight additional distribution opportunities for licensees
- ensure timely execution of brand initiatives
- partner with international division to maximize sales opportunities for licensing division
- partner with ks retail stores on seasonal licensed product assortments
- monitor licensees sales to budget
- track financial performance and follow up accordingly on next steps
- prepare seasonal marketing plans in conjunction with licensees, highlight key opportunities and ensure execution
- key interface with corporate marketing and licensees
- prepare and distribute brand updates quarterly to licensees
- propose process for and ensure adherence to all brand standards and maintain libraries: logos, labels, collateral, in-store, visuals, trade advertising, fixturing
- maintain competitive advertising/marketing files
- initiate marketing project requests and follow-through to final approval and production
- category expert on trend and competition (collateral, advertising, in-store fixturing/shops, retail space, etc.)
- manage marketing and pr communication to/from licensees
- synthesize important trade articles and highlight potential impact/opportunities
- develop and approve all seasonal merchandising plans in conjunction with licensee
- highlight potential line extensions and new business opportunities
- ensure adherence to design calendar
- propose process for and ensure adherence to corporate standards on product identification, i.e. labels, logo trims, etc.
- category expert on trend and competition (positioning, pricing, and product mix)
- monitor seasonal retail selling and summarize results quarterly, implement action plan for business building opportunities
- key interface with divisional design and merchandising teams (apparel, jewelry, watches, fashion accessories, handbags)
- coordinate and distribute design direction as set forth by apparel and accessories divisions to licensees and licensing department on a timely basis
- follow-up on individual category design info requests
- partner with international division to maximize territory specific product opportunities
- prepare product category updates quarterly
- traffic all legal licensing documents for signature
- monitor adherence to contractual obligations of licensees (sales, royalties, marketing and advertising, off price limitations and year end summaries)
- initial research on potential licensing opportunities
- contract negotiations
- bachelors degree preferred
- 3+ years experience- licensing, marketing or brand management
- self starter-strong sense of initiative
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- well versed in business planning and analytics
- comfortable with contracts
- market awareness
- excellent product sensibility with specific experience in accessories and home
Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. - 6 months ago
Fifth & Pacific Companies, Inc. (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc.) designs and markets a portfolio of retail-based, premium, global lifestyle...