Introducing Endless Mobile, access for the next billion.
Our mission is simple: we are connecting the unconnected. We want to change the world. And we are having fun doing it. We believe there is eloquence in simplicity. Strength in understatement. Brilliance in humility. If you are dedicated and passionate about making a difference, and to building something incredible, we should talk.
The Role: Kernel Software Engineer
The Kernel Software Engineer will ensure seamless integration of EndlessOS onto mobile devices. You will be busy. Deep Linux kernel or Android kernel background is a must, and familiarity with ARM assembly is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with strong competencies in software architecture and design
- Proven expertise with object-oriented software development in Python and Java, including JNI
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other top-tier engineers all over the world
- Deep Linux kernel or Android kernel knowledge
- Experience with and a full understanding of file systems, kernel synchronization mechanisms, and/or process scheduling
- Experience with Virtual Memory organization and/or interrupt processing
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with ARM assembly or experience in another assembly language (x86 and amd64 preferred)
- Linux kernel contributor or Android kernel contributor with proven work and references in the Open Source community
- Configuration management (managing packages, installations, versions, etc. on a large scale)
- Experience creating secure systems and verifying their robustness
- Experience with Ruby and/or C++
- Work experience on an agile development team
We are developing a platform to give computers to the next billion people in the developing world - not by donating them or lowering costs -...