This position can be located anywhere in the United States, preferably in the Eastern US.
The Key Account Manager is the worldwide central point of contact for designated strategic customers and is responsible for managing the strategic integrity of those assigned accounts and specific projects within those accounts. Leads the efforts to penetrate key market segments identified in the Company strategy, and identify and capture new strategic customers. Works with product management, engineering and Laird Technologies factories to establish, maintain and improve the business relationship between the customer and Laird Technologies Corporate.
- Responsibility for the selling of all products within an assigned vertical market.
- Relentless champion for assigned customer accounts within Laird Technologies.
- Main point of contact for customer as issues escalate beyond regular course of business.
- Work with support team (product management, engineering and factories) to maintain strategic customer focus.
- Work with major clients to develop new methods to increase sales.
- Present unique value proposition to key customers in assigned strategic markets and overcome barriers to entry to new suppliers or technologies.
- Information dissemination: Analyze forecasts, track project status, monitor design opportunities, understand and implement customer goals and objectives, follow market trends, and control the customer’s perception of Laird Technologies.
- Together with Product Managers, oversee quotes and pricing contracts; including negotiations.
- Negotiate pricing with current and prospective customers.
- Follow-up and report on customer’s award and forecast commits. Report findings to the business.
- Contribute to the identification and definition of services and products, product positioning, pricing, and promotion strategies
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Work with management to ensure that support team is adequately staffed, trained and positioned to fulfill customer needs.
- Work with legal to respond to customer contracts, programs, and terms & conditions.
- Significant sales experience within the telecom industry including Telcos, OEMs, VAR and installers.
- Ability to see situations from a macro view.
- Ability to make sound decisions on little information.
- Proven ability to identify, initiate, negotiate, and close deals with corporate customers
- Drive for results
- Proven track record of strategic planning and goal achievement
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate relationships and the ability to influence people
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent project management knowledge
- Up to 40% travel to customer facilities and other Laird facilities, including international travel.
- Must have an entrepreneurial attitude in regard to the Account.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Sales.
- Foreign Language skill a plus (Spanish and Portuguese)
- 5 years international business and 3+ years experience sales management in the Telecom space.
- Must have hands on experience with Telecom customers and selling to Telecom customers in the Cellular and Backhaul space.
- Must have multi-tiered sales experience.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.