SGI-DNA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Synthetic Genomics, Inc., focused on commercializing some of the DNA technologies, solutions and services developed by the parent company. SGI-DNA is currently seeking a Key Account Manager to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
- Be the key point of contact for certain strategic partners of SGI-DNA
- Create and maintain relationships with customers to ensure seamless customer service, promote retention, loyalty and revenue increase
- Understand competitors, market drivers, customer needs and translate those to senior management at SGI-DNA
- Organize and execute lectures, vendor shows, workshops, seminars and beta test programs to gain customer feedback and promote customer service
- Represent SGI-DNA at conferences, trade-shows, workshops and seminars locally, regionally, nationally, or internationally as necessary
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue and bottom-line targets and achieve functional / corporate goals and objectives
- Provide quotations and samples to customers and following up on those to close the sale
- Establish internal network directing customer inquiries and needs to the appropriate member of staff in different departments while remaining ultimately responsible for resolution
- Travel required
- BS, BA, or equivalent work experience in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in the biotechnology industry. MBA is a plus.
- 1-2 years account manager experience
- Biochemistry or Molecular Biology lab experience is preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills / ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to be tactful, diplomatic, approachable, helpful, and understanding.
- Team player who is willing to work across departments to accomplish tasks.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be thorough, attentive to details, and accurate in generating quotes and performing other tasks.
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office software and standard email programs (e.g. Outlook).
Synthetic Genomics, Inc. - 16 months ago