Your Search Is Over
If you’ve scaled the highest peaks and fished the deepest waters looking for the right career, you may have finally found it. We’re Columbia Sportswear. We’re looking for self-motivated, team oriented people to join us as we take Columbia Sportswear to the next level.
This position reports directly to the Brand Manager for Key Account Marketing. Responsible for the development and implementation of key account marketing and communications plans for the Sporting Goods channel. The position will manage Marketing Development Funds (MDF) and in-store considerations for this channel.
This position will be based at Columbia’s HQ offices in Portland, OR.
- Oversee the application of marketing strategies and material to ensure consistent application within external marketing and in-store opportunities.
- Manage calendar so that initial channel specific key account strategies are ready to present prior to the seasonal sell-in meetings. Make sure that in-store components tie directly in to season outbound plans. Write and submit all key account briefs and approve all creative being delivered by Columbia or the account.
- Position incorporates responsibilities to insure that in-store environments are consistent with brand expectations. Trouble-shoot E-Store issues and utilize MDF as necessary to augment in-store environments. Work with Sales & Retail Brand Marketing to ensure that initiative seasonal materials are made available to the sales team.
- Travel to Key Accounts as necessary for planning, presentation and follow-up meetings on a seasonal basis. Attend seasonal Go-To-Market, Sales meetings and account events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects with varying deadlines. Able to demonstrate leadership skills. Have a passion for the outdoors and technical product. Incumbent is able to work independently and possess a high level of computer skills including Excel, Word and possibly MAC.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, marketing, or a related field. Five to eight plus years of marketing or advertising experience in progressively responsible positions, including account or strategic marketing.
- Five to eight plus years of marketing or advertising experience in progressively responsible positions, including account or strategic marketing.
Occasional domestic travel.
Job requires hours that may occasionally exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work occasionally required to collaborate with people in other time zones and to ensure timely project completion. Some job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometime changing deadlines.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Columbia Sportswear Company is an equal opportunity employer.