Under general supervision plan, organize and supervise the operation of an assigned Kids Club Program (day care) and assigned personnel; perform related duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
The classification specification does not describe all duties performed by all incumbents within the class. This summary provides examples of typical tasks performed in this classification.
Note: At the end of some of the duty statements there is an italicized E which identifies essential duties required of the classification. This is strictly for use in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Design, plan, organize, supervise and participate in the operation of an assigned Kids Club Program. E
- Schedule and supervise the work of assigned employees and arrange for substitutes as authorized. E
- Plan the program and supervise a responsive environment for the optimum growth and development of school-age children. E
- Prepare and administer the budget, include maintaining regular accounting procedures for all income and expenditures, as well as equipment and supply inventories. E
- Enroll students, collect enrollment fees and tuition charges, and care for funds as prescribed by district. E
- Maintain an active public relations program to promote enrollment, communicate the activities of the Kids Club day care program, and recruit volunteers to assist with childcare. E
- Plan and conduct orientations for parents about program policies and procedures and maintain a regular system of activities to enhance parent-school relations. E
- Administer first aid or necessary physical assistance to ill or distressed students; may administer prescribed medication in accordance with established District procedure. E
- Assure program compliance with required health and safety regulations. E
- Participates in the selection of assigned staff. E
- Schedule regular staff meetings and provide for in-service training. E
- Act as liaison between District personnel, principal and staff. E
Learning and behavior patterns of children.
Basic math - arithmetic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
Record keeping techniques.
Child behavior and behavior modification.
Principles of supervision and training of adults.
Personal hygiene practices.
Generally accepted standards of health and sanitation.
Diverse cultural communities and backgrounds.
Learn and follow District rules, regulations, and daily practices of operating the Kids Club Program.
Plan, supervise and coordinate a Kids Club Program for the optimum growth and development of children.
Direct the activities of children and assigned personnel providing a positive environment for children.
Prepare and/or present clear and concise reports.
Supervise, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel.
Interpret provision of law, rules, regulations and district policy to staff, other agencies, parents and the public.
Establish and maintain effective working relathionships with those contacted in the course of work.
Administed prescribed medication in accordance with established district procedures.
Demonstrate tact and sound judgment.
Deal with changing circumstances.
Demonstrate flexibility, understanding, and patience, toward students and parents.
Operate a variety of office and classroom related equipment, including a computer.
Education and Training:
Associate of Arts degree including 12 units in courses related to children. A bachelor’s degree in education or related field or possession of a California Teaching Credential is desirable.
Kids’ Club Supervisor I: three years of experience as an instructional aide or related work experience involving direct contact with students in a school or child care environment is required, preferably including some lead or supervisory responsibilities.
Kids’ Club Supervisor II: three years of experience as an instructional aide or related work experience involving direct contact with students in a school or child care environment is required including one year or supervisory experience in an extended day program of over 50 students/children with a comprehensive theme-based curriculum.
Kids’ Club Supervisor III: three years of experience as an instuctional aide or related work expereince involving direct contact with students in a school or child care environment is required including two years of supervisory experience in an extended day program of over 90 students/children with a comprehensive theme-based curriculum.
Any other combination of training and experience that could likely provide the desired skills, knowledge or abilities may be considered.
Some positions in these classifications may require the use of a personal automobile and possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license.
Long Beach Unified School District - 21 months ago