Kids Activities Assistant Department Head-TRO00479
As a Kids Activities Assistant Department Head, you will assist the Department Head with the overall direction, coordination and management of Child Center operations. Assist with ensuring continuous professional growth and development of Kids Activities team members.
Ensure team members provide fun, enthusiastic, and safe programs that encourage member participation through a variety of interactive, educational and/or fitness based programs. Assist in driving departmental performance to reach or exceed revenue goals while achieving operational excellence, and high quality service.
- Assist with creating and promoting monthly events and activities calendars
- Ensure team members continually promote all children's programs
- Assist with ensuring team members initiate, develop and maintain personalized relationships with members and their children
- Engage children in interactive activities that include storytelling, organized arts & crafts, singing, and games
- Assist in planning program and activity curriculum, and prepares program schedules
Applicant must complete all state or federal requirements prior to first day of directly working with children or within other specified timeframe. Requirements vary by state. A complete list of requirements is available from the hiring manager.
- High School diploma of GED
- College degree or Early Childhood Education Certificate preferred
- One year of management or supervisory experience
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a children's program, day care or camp
These requirements may include but are not limited to:
All requirements must be completed at the cost of the applicant, unless prohibited by law.
- Tuberculosis test
- All required vaccinations (or signed exemption)
- Fingerprints taken by a local police department for a background check
- Background checks required by state specific child care licensing laws that are in addition to Life Time Fitness background check
- Continuing education courses for continued employment in working with children
- Infant and Children First Aid and CPR Certifications
Primary Location: : MI-Troy - TRO - Troy
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports