- Oversees efficiency of monitoring production, scanning make sheet, and discussing daily goals with employees.
- Reports to Slaughter Office for order sheet (make sheet), attends supervisor meetings, and reports work schedule to line workers daily.
- Evaluates production of previous day to make necessary adjustments.
- Handles any employee grievance, dispute or problem in most efficient manner possible. Any unsolved matter taken up with General Foreman.
- Actively participates in group meetings, line meetings, and supervisory meetings.
- Check packaging to insure it is labeled properly.
- May involve guidance or actual performance of production procedures.
- Perform pre-operational procedures to insure equipment is properly sanitized and in working order.
- Insure employees have proper safety equipment.
- Insure hourly employees are trimming products correctly to minimize product loss.
- Work with the Quality control department to insure product quality & food safety.
- Daily work tasks are structured.
- Job performance is measured by the General Foreman on such criteria as the overall production of the line, quality of paperwork, attendance, attitude and supervision of employees.
- Evaluate all newly hired employees during their first month of employment.
- Perform follow-up training on hourly employees.
- Directly involved in disciplinary procedures with hourly employees. These may range from verbal warnings to terminations.
- Contact with line personnel, in addition to plant management.
- Team oriented
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Knowledge of beef cuts and production process.
- Communication skills
- People skills
- Bilingual important, but not mandatory.
- Working in hot temperature approx. 90+ degrees
- Frequent exposure to knives, hot water and production machinery.
- Physical demands of this position may include a great deal of walking and stair climbing.
- Environment consists of slick floors and loud noise.
- Employee will typically work 50-55 hours per week M-F with some Saturday work if necessary.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
- Minimal educational experience; substitutable for various years of work experience.
- Minimum of 1years production line experience.