The Kindle brand includes a collection of revolutionary devices, and the business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing at Amazon. We envision wireless electronic reading experiences that embrace a traditional book's simplicity and utility but take advantage of our ecommerce platform and the Amazon Kindle's ubiquitous wireless connectivity. We provide customers a fully-integrated service with instant access to over 18 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps and games. The Kindle team is building processes and capabilities that further Amazon's relationship with offline retailers that offer Kindle to their end customers. Account Manager roles are in the General Management career path at Amazon and offer opportunity for greater responsibility and advancement into a variety of roles.
- Sell and Market Kindle devices and accessories to offline retailers
- Help manage assigned accounts and coordinate the extended teams (e.g., forward and reverse logistics managers, channel marketing managers, accounts receivable analysts) working within their account
- Administer and oversee critical daily operations (e.g., purchase order management, sales & operations reporting, return authorizations, funding agreements, etc)
- Forecast sales, determine allocations, and plan shipments for each SKU
- Participate in the negotiation of trading terms (e.g., discount rate, advertising, placement, returns provisions, payment terms, freight terms) for assigned accounts.
- Manage product transitions and retailer communications
- Optimize allocation of marketing development funds
- Resolve any financial issues
- Collect product, packaging, and software requirements as well as market intelligence
- BA/BS degree required.
- 3-5 years experience doing one of several roles: quantitative/financial analysis, retail selling/buying, retail planning & allocation,
- Prior experience with presentation, organization, and/or account management.
- Product/project management, marketing or e-commerce.
- The ability to quickly learn a varied set of software and editing tools (including HTML, Excel and Access) is necessary, and prior experience is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in oral and written communication, multi-tasking, and quantitative analysis.
- Prior experience with presentation, organization, and account/vendor management is preferred.
Amazon.com - 19 months ago