My Fit Foods is looking for Kitchen Associates at the following location:
My Fit Foods Parmer
12415 N. IH 35
Austin, Texas 78753
Be part of the movement…
My Fit Foods was founded in 2006 in the apartment kitchen of a personal trainer who was dedicated to ensuring his client’s achieved the results he promised. Out of the spirit of service, founder Mario Mendias, started cooking meals for his clients who were too busy to shop and prepare healthy meals with a time crunched schedule. The client’s fitness results spoke for themselves! Soon Mario was not only cooking for his clients, but all the clients in the gym.
In 2007, Mario outgrew his apartment kitchen and partnered with restaurant pioneer, Anthony Milton to create My Fit Foods and expand the mission to provide fresh, healthy foods to go that taste great at an affordable price. The menu expanded with additional meals and snacks all focused on lean protein, low glycemic carbohydrates and heart healthy fats.
My Fit Foods was founded in the spirit of service, and we continue that spirit today through our kitchens, stores, schools and communities. Whether our customers are in need of a quick meal or snack on the go or want take advantage of the convenience and results of our 21 Day Challenge, we are here to make healthy living a reality.
The Kitchen Associate Job Purpose:
The kitchen associate prepares, package and delivers meals with quality and consistency while maintaining a safe and clean environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow the recipes to create meals from specified ingredients, flavors, weights, and portions to ensure consistency in the final product.
• Assists in the preparation of foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods and snacks.
• Possibly prepares portioned foods while working in 40 *F or below cooler and ensuring an appealing appearance of the meals for My Fit Foods customers and clients.
• Maintains Food Safe Handling procedures at all times in preparation of meals and snacks. Keeps work area clean including equipment, counters, work area, refrigerators, utensils and dispensers, trash, and floors.
• Monitors food quality, portions through the use of scales and measuring cups, visual consistency and waste.
• Fosters high communication with other kitchen associates and kitchen or store manager to ensure completion of all kitchen tasks and timely delivery of meals.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Ability to thrive in a very fast paced, ever-changing business environment.
• Reports to work on time, prepares for the day’s work.
• Communicates well with kitchen team and managers.
• Completes duties assigned in thorough manner.
• Delivers customer satisfaction through superior tasting, perfectly portioned, fresh meals.
2) Minimum experience:
• Previous restaurant experience.
• Ability to work in a high paced team kitchen environment.
• A passion and understanding of the My Fit Foods brand, and its unique brand positioning.
3) Physical Requirements:
• Travel is required for store deliveries.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly stands for up to 8 hours. The employee occasionally sits, walks, kneels and reaches with hands and arms.
• May be required to work in 40 *F or below cooler to prepare, portion, package, label, & inspect the final product.
• Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
• Mobility sufficient to move about all parts of the kitchen and to fill in for other employees when required.
***All applicants are subject to a background check.
***Please apply online at www.myfitfoods.com.
- 2 years ago - save job