General Summary of Job Duties
Provides support to the Food & Beverage division by ensuring all cookware, dishware, glassware, flatware and dish machines are cleaned and maintained according to Company standards.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Adheres to safe and sanitary cleaning procedures according to Silverton Casino, LLC and Southern Nevada Health District standards.
- Identifies and notifies Shift Steward, Assistant Executive Steward and/or Executive Steward of any unsafe conditions or areas, machinery that require attention or repair when as well as when materials and chemicals require restocking.
- Responsible for cleaning of cookware, dishware, glassware, flatware as well as the cleaning and maintenance of dish machines according to Company standards.
- Cleans and sanitizes cook’s line in all food outlets.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food storage areas as well as shipping/receiving areas.
- Disposes of empty cardboard boxes and bales them for recycling.
- Maintains buffet floors throughout the shift as well as cleans buffet line at closing.
- Collects and disposes of trash from outlets.
- Washes and sanitizes kitchen floor area, in compliance with Silverton Casino, LLC and Southern Nevada Health District standards.
- Responds to request for cleaning and/or basic maintenance throughout the kitchen area.
- Properly and safely utilizes assigned equipment.
- Adhere to safe and sanitary work habits in regards to work stations and equipment in accordance with Silverton Casino, LLC and Southern Nevada Health District standards.
- Completes all assigned duties in accordance with Silverton Casino, LLC and Southern Nevada Health District standards as well as within given time constraints.
- Must understand and adhere to the safe handling, usage and storage of all chemicals used during the performance of job duties.
- Must adhere to all uniform requirements including but not limited to hair restraints (hat and/or hair net), company issued uniform pieces and personally obtained slip resistant footwear.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management concerning all Team Member and vendor related issues, problems and/or solutions.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with fellow Team Members and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance to all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Arriving on-time for all scheduled shifts is considered an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following Silverton STYLE:
- Embrace Change – Not resistant or afraid of change. Responsive and adaptable to situations and/or circumstances that are different from the day to day routine.
- Take Time to Connect with Guests and Each Other - Quickly build rapport and establish personal relationships with Guests and Team Members. Fits in with the department and is considerate toward others and promotes a atmosphere of team work.
- Be Happy with Yourself - Have a positive outlook with your job, your guests, and yourself. Feel good about yourself and the contributions you make to the Company.
- Think Quality - Provide a high level of service, maintain high standards and work hard to get it right the first time. Identify possible difficulties and present solutions.
- Be a Positive Representative for Silverton at All Times – Be upbeat, cheerful and smile during all interaction with Guests, Vendors, Business Partners and Team Members. Wear uniforms to specification and adhere to appearance standards during shift.
- Redefine the Concept of Team – Breakdown the barriers between departments and get involved.
- Feel the Fear, Have Doubts and Go for It Anyway – Understand it’s okay to feel apprehension about change and be unsure about the affects of the change but push past your uncertainly and embrace the new challenge or opportunity..
- Over Communicate –Maintains open lines of communication. Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at the correct pace and level. Is understandable. Holds others’ attention when speaking. Elicits necessary information to fully understand the needs, problems, and motives of customers
Silverton - 2 years ago