Kitchen Manager (Los Angeles)
We are looking for a Kitchen Manager to join our growing Brewery Restaurant Management team! The Kitchen Manager is responsible for effectively managing all operations of the kitchen in his/her assigned brewery restaurant location under limited to no supervision. This position is a "hands-on, multi-tasking" position, which requires working on the line during high volume periods as well as leading his/her team of direct reports.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Creates and maintains an environment of hospitality.
- Periodically visits tables to create authentic relationships with our BR guests.
- Takes necessary initiative and trains the Brewery Restaurant Sous Chef and hourly staff on methods of ensuring excellence in all areas of execution.
- Creates and fosters a solid working relationship with all members of the BR team to create unity between the front and heart of house.
- Leads monthly department meetings incorporating topics such as communication, safety and security, adherence to recipe specifications, internal policies and procedures, and various other topics as needed.
- Provides proper and detailed training and/or seminars for all direct reports.
- Provides timely and detailed performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Analyzes, forecasts, schedules, and directs the work of all direct reports.
- Manages the Brewery Restaurant Assistant Kitchen Manager and/or kitchen hourly staff including maintaining proper staffing levels, approving schedule changes, making recommendations on hiring/firing/wage adjustments, approving overtime hours, providing prompt and detailed disciplinary action when necessary, and providing for meal and rest breaks.
Quality of Operations:
- Analyzes product usage and sales to determine par levels of the kitchen's inventory and proper staffing levels.
- Orders products utilizing the established procedures, products and company approved vendors.
- Conducts periodic audits and inspections of the preparation and line areas to ensure recipe specifications are met; taking corrective action as needed.
- Creates and fosters authentic relationships with approved vendors and ensures the accuracy of all orders placed.
- Makes recommendations to Executive Chef on new and/or existing recipes streamlining efficiency and execution.
- Analyzes prior sales and labor data to make recommendations to GM regarding the kitchen's annual operating budget.
- Approves, codes, processes timely, and ensures the accuracy of all kitchen invoices.
- Provides accurate and updated inventories on assigned areas of the BR to GM at month end.
The ideal candidate in this role will have the following combination of education and experience:
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, utilizing reference code KM614.
- 5-6 years applicable experience within a full service, high volume restaurant in a multi-unit concept.
- Associate's degree or equivalent. Professional culinary education and/or background preferred.
- Successful completion of the ServSafe training program and/or current Food Handler's Card.
- Effective communication and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Aloha POS systems and GAAP practices preferred.
- Must be able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced setting, prioritizing work assignments and managing multiple projects at one time.