The Kitchen Manager is responsible for assisting in the operation of a Ninety Nine Restaurant. He/she ensures guest satisfaction, sales and profit increases in ordinance of company policies, goals and procedures. He/she will support the Mission Statement, “A Passion To Serve”. They will assist in all hiring, training and development of HOH employees and their continued development.
1. Responsible for the selection training, motivation and development of entire kitchen staff in accordance with company policy.
2. Administer timely Performance Reviews and provides ongoing training and feedback.
3. Knowledge of and administration of all company policies, procedures and specs as applicable to Heart of the House Staff.
4. Conduct periodic department meetings to enhance communication within the department, as well as the restaurant as a whole.
5. Encourage improved morale and performance by implementing various promotions and contests.
6. Thorough knowledge of dollars per man hour necessary to complete job efficiency – utilization of manning charts and proper labor scheduling, familiarity with Aloha labor scheduler.
7. Responsible for all ordering/receiving procedures, as well as adherence to Food Quality Assurance standards.
8. Conduct all food inventories. Be responsible for adherence to steak count and rib chart procedures.
9. Establish par stocks to ensure proper levels of food.
10. Knowledge of and administration of “Food Cost Control Program” as necessary.
11. Must attend and be responsible for communicating to staff all aspects of F.Q.A. (Food Quality Assurance) Program.
12. Responsible for ensuring Ninety Nine “Standard Operating Procedures” are followed by HOH line staff.
13. Knowledge of all menu specs, as well as desired food costs required of specials.
14. Handle all food-related problems quickly and efficiently.
Job Responsibility List:
1. Responsible for adhering to all Safe Work Policies and Practices.
2. Adhere to all policies and procedures as they pertain to the Heart of House.
3. Establish and implement weekly maintenance and clearing charts.
4. Responsible for maintaining desired standard of cleanliness, as well as for training of all staff pertaining to chemical product usage.
5. Knowledge and practice of all pertinent security procedures.
6. Responsible for adhering to administration of current company policies regarding kitchen awareness.
7. Attend weekly/bi-monthly management meetings, as required.
8. Work effectively with management to meet corporate assigned objectives and goals.
9. Observe and test food products on a frequent basis for quality and consistency.
10. Communicate food product problems with fellow management and Operations Director in regards to quality and cost.
11. Ensure compliance of FQA line checks daily.
12. Ensure compliance with all appropriate Heart of House standards contained in O.E.R.
13. Ensure compliance with all menu items and LTO food item upgrades, additions and/or procedural changes through execution of company rollout materials.
14. Ensures compliance with state, federal, local laws regarding food safety (including child labor, wage/hour/OSHA).
1. Prior restaurant experience and/or college degree.
2. Ability to read, write and speak English.
3. Possess all necessary technical skills required to effectively train in each function of the kitchen.
4. Act as a professional at all times. Lead by positive example.
5. Excellent hand/eye coordination
6. Ability to work in varied temperature environments
7. Available to work through minimum of three (3) evening dinners per week.
8. Meets all requirements of First Cook job description, qualifications for growth and minimum achievements.
9. Meets all requirements of AKM job description, qualifications for growth and minimum achievements.
10. Completion of Kitchen Manager in Training Program.
11. Basic computer knowledge.
12. Completed FQA training, serve safe and sexual harassment.
1. Ability to stand up to 12 hours a day
2. Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
3. Frequent carrying and twisting
4. Ability to reach, lift and stand while twisting
5. Ability to climb stairs
6. Bending, stooping, stretching and reaching are occasional requirements.
99 Restaurants - 21 months ago
- 30+ days ago