Kitchen Support Staff
(Includes dishwasher, light prep, all kitchen support roles)
Support staff serves as back-up support in several areas of the kitchen. Excellent at taking direction and then working with limited follow up, including completing basic food-prep work. Keeps focused on maintaining physical plant and equipment in a clean and sanitary manner.
Department: Restaurant/Bar Operations
Reports to: Restaurant/Bar Manager
Code: Non Tipped Employee
· Keeps area stocked with clean and sanitized utensils, plate ware, glassware, cookware and equipment.
· Works with all kitchen/bar staff to maintain compliance with company and health department policies and guidelines
- Under the direction of the management or skilled kitchen staff, handles basic prep work, cleaning and dish washing.
- Ensures dishes are properly washed, rinsed, sanitized, properly stored, and available as needed.
- Keeps sanitation solution up to company standards and health department codes at all times.
- Sets up and closes down dishwasher in compliance with company procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes area and equipment throughout the shift.
- Keeps dish areas clean by sweeping, mopping floors, wiping countertops, and emptying trash.
- Completes assigned prep work to ensure timely service of menu items
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary to ensure safety at all times
- Performs shift change and/or open/closing duties.
· Special projects as requested
· Other duties as assigned
- Excellent attendance record; ability to work with minimal unplanned absences
- The ability to bend, squat, push, pull, twist, wipe, reach and repeatedly lift up to 60 pounds unassisted for stocking and cleaning
- Must be able to frequently immerse hands in water and work in a hot, humid environment
- The ability to stand and walk for up to 8 hours, including going up and down stairs
- Must be able to read menus and communicate with other kitchen and bar staff
- Observant and able to take initiative to get the job done
- Outstanding customer service/ShowService
- Detail and multi-task oriented
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Kerasotes ShowPlace Theatres - 10 months ago