Mason Label is looking for a 1st Shift Kitting Department Technician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. :
- Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual.
- Understand and support the Corporate Mission Statement, Values, Vision, and Operating Principles (attached).
- Adhere to mandatory daily stretch, safety requirements.
- Meet attendance standards.
- Practices and sustains Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
- Treats others with respect.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Meets productivity expectations and standards.
- Communicate on a daily basis with production personnel.
- Work as a team to improve and streamline the process with each department.
- Assist operators so that they do not have to leave their presses
- Stage next job for press (Order, Mounted Plates, Inks, Dies, Rotary Screens, etc.)
- Fill out checklists to ensure all components are in place before start of next job
- Communicate with all departments to stay ahead
- Assist operator with changeover activities (set up/clean up)
- Put away dies, plate rolls, rotary screens, return inks to ink room, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Operator with flexo, rotary letterpress, and rotary silkscreen knowledge/experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work without supervision.
- Willing to work OT and weekends as scheduled.
- Good skills are required in reading, writing, spoken communication, and math.
- Physical requirements include ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively), stand up to 12 hours, distinguish color, and good hand-eye coordination.
- Must be extremely trustworthy, flexible, and dependable with a good attendance history.
- Self-motivated and able to perform with little direction.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete high volumes of work
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a clean, safe work environment with a focus on 6S and Lean practices.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form..
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Outlook and have the ability to learn company specialized software programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. - 2 years ago