Agile Defense is hiring !
Agile Defense provides Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
We have an opportunity for a Knowledge Engineer at the Pentagon (Arlington, VA). This is a full time, W-2 employment opportunity.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION/PROJECT:
Provide Knowledge Engineering support to customers. Support collaboration and application of emerging technologies. Provide desk side training and assistance on Web 2.0 Software tools (DCO, wiki, blog, FeedDemon, RSS, SharePoint). Provide support for training of Knowledge Management concepts, best practices and solutions.
Must hold active Top Secret clearance.
The Knowledge Engineer supports the customers directly and provides IT expertise to help customers handle mission requirements. They are knowledgeable about information collection, storage and dissemination using Joint Staff tools, such as SharePoint, Chat, and eRooms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Software process / solutions development using existing available tools
- Recommendations for software solutions
- Requirements capture to support customer requests for new hardware and software solutions. (New hardware and especially new software always involves OCIO b/c of stewardship responsibility of the network and the IT resources.)
- Technical analysis of software-based solutions and development of recommendations for client use or non-use
- Deskside training and assistance on Web 2.0 Software tools (DCO, wiki, blog, FeedDemon, RSS, SharePoint)
- Support for training of Knowledge Management concepts, best practices and solutions
- Strong communication (verbal and written).
- Collaboration and Knowledge sharing.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and similar technologies.
- Thorough understanding of KM principles and theory.
- Experience applying KM concepts and practices to improve performance.
- Possess a deep understanding of existing and emerging information sharing technologies as well as industry best practices in disciplines such as Knowledge Management, Content Management, Records Management, Web 2.0/Web 3.0, Enterprise Architecture, Net-Centricity, Service Oriented Environments.
- Process Modeling and Automation, Business Process Re-engineering, Strategic Communication, ITIL/ IT Service Management, Requirements Gathering, Organizational Training, Sharepoint and Data Visualization.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
"Agile Defense is defined by a plethora of things-all point to several pillars upon which this company has been built. I have been...