Olympus America, Inc. with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care and life science products throughout North America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes.
Center Valley, PA - The Knowledge Engineer will concentrate on the management of knowledge as a strategic asset and focus on encouraging the sharing of that knowledge across the organization. The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing, designing, and implementing multiple data and documentation systems within the field service and TAC organization. He/She will also maintain and validate the integrity of all controlled documents in the department including versioning. EOE M/F/D/V
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* Identify data sources, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
* Manage communications relating to requests for change in the knowledge base content.
* Provide database support and troubleshoot issues related to knowledge base output.
* Maintain integrity, validation, and version control of our quality systems.
* Create development plan documents that specify individual changes to be made in each new version of the knowledge base.
* Analyze the potential risks and impact of changes on current customer databases.
* Provide support to field personnel and Technical Assistance Center group on an as-needed basis.
* Accumulate, audit, and report assigned monthly, periodic, and special request data.
* Analyze and review all voice of customer data including customer satisfaction surveys, customer hot sheets, escalations, and presentation of documentation.
* Participate with other Olympus America Inc. (OAI) groups to improve existing systems and implement new Information Systems to improve efficiency and operational control.
* Produce training curriculum and deliver training to field service, TAC, and other end-user groups on proper use of the systems and product trending mandates.
* Acquire and disseminate the most current and accurate knowledge to field service and TAC personnel via current tools.
* Scan knowledge for issues which appear to occur regularly.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent knowledge is required.
* Must have knowledge of SQL and relational databases, and functional knowledge of Microsoft Access.
* A minimum of 3 years of Computer Software Support, with an emphasis on relational databases is required.
* Experience in Healthcare IT and Informatics market is desired, preferably with an EMR or clinical reporting system.
* Strong operational background and the ability to communicate with diverse groups of stakeholders is essential.
* Must possess excellent troubleshooting and data analysis skills within the context of a relational database.
* Must possess excellent computer, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* The ability to work flexible hours and travel is required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
* Must have strong project management skills.
* Must have the strong ability to organize and prioritize information.
* The ability to perform as an individual contributor, as a member, and as a leader of a team is essential.
* Must be a self directed individual with the ability to multi‑task.
* Must have strong computer skills and experience with developing complex spreadsheets and charts/ graphs.
* Must have experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Excellent math aptitude and analytical skills with a strong background in statistical analysis is necessary.
* Must have Reporting Systems experience (Business Objects, Showcase).
* Knowledge of FDA regulations for medical devices is essential.
* Training experience and strong presentation skills are necessary.
* Must possess a high degree of self‑reliance, initiative, creativity, and personal organization; able to multitask.
* The following physical demand is required:
-Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hours a day