Analyst – |
Project Performance Corporation (PPC) was named one of the Washington, DC area’s “Best Places to Work” by Washingtonian Magazine in 2007. Project Performance Corporation serves as the North American Operations arm of AEA, an internationally recognized consultancy. We are part of a 1,000-person multi-disciplinary team of information technology professionals, project management experts, scientific and technical experts, and legal and regulatory specialists dedicated to providing fully integrated and business-oriented solutions. With offices in the DC Metropolitan Area and London, we enjoy combined annual revenues of approximately $250M (USD). Our cutting edge IT and management solutions benefit Fortune 500 decision makers and governments around the world.
The Analyst – Knowledge Management will support the deployment, development and enhancements of a number of knowledge management projects. This position works within an integrated team environment to design and develop cutting edge KM solutions for private and public sector customers. This position will involve both advising customers on KM best practices as well as technical leadership for a variety of KM platforms.
The analyst should have experience using a broad range of KM solutions and best practices. The person in this position should be comfortable leading KM delivery teams and technologies. This role is best suited for a person who is comfortable understanding business needs and presenting solutions to a broad audience of stake holders, end users, and executives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of enterprise scale content, search, and collaboration technologies, methodologies and leading practices
- Deep understanding of Information Architecture concepts
- Minimum of 3 years of use of the following technologies: Documentum, or other content technology, Sharepoint or other collaboration technology, Autonomy or other enterprise search technology
- Minimum of 10 years of overall IT experience
- Open to 50% travel
- Ability to interact with end users and translate business language into technical requirements
- Demonstrated success working in a team-based environment, as well as, the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills in the technology domain and a high level of drive, initiative and assertiveness.
- Ability to manage deadlines and deliver quality deliverables.
- Familiarity with IT development and delivery methodologies
- Experience with both private and public sector customers