PSI seeks candidates for the position of Knowledge Management Intern to support the Research & Metrics (R&M) Department. R&M is the source for PSI's evidence-based decision-making. PSI uses data to monitor and evaluate its programs; estimate the health impact of specific interventions; assess value for money and improve intervention cost-effectiveness; and evaluate the health of the markets PSI works to strengthen. For more information, please visit http://psi.org/resources/research.
This internship position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Research & Metrics Assistant. This is a paid position. The ideal candidate will work 20-40 hours per week. This position is open for a 4 month contract with the possibility of extending based on performance.
The Knowledge Management intern will offer support to ensure country offices finalize and post all research documentation online within 3 months of data collection completion. Research documentation includes: study design, budget, data, final report, etc. Proper research documentation helps ensure PSI is compliant with donor requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Managing the online clearing house PSI uses to share and archive research documentation
• Create and manage user accounts for all researchers
• Manage all 60 countries in the clearing house: add the appropriate users to each country, set permissions, and ensure all country spaces have a consistent look
Coordinating research report review
• Coordinate the review process by assigning reports to the appropriate reviewer, setting deadlines, and following up with country offices to ensure reports are finalized
• Post final reports online
• Collect feedback from reviewers on common errors, or issues that come up frequently
Using a project management tool to track research documentation
• Check whether country offices posted all the relevant files online
• Check whether files were posted correctly
• Update the status of every research study
Job Description - Requirements
• Undergraduate student
• High proficiency in computer applications: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Extremely comfortable with technology
• Fast learner
• Keen attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Project coordination experience preferred, but not required
• HTML experience preferred, but not required
• French, Spanish, or Portuguese a plus
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com with "Knowledge Management Intern" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals
regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
Population Services International - 4 months ago
- 5 hours ago
E-Learning & Communications Intern
Management Sciences for Health
Management Sciences for Health
- 3 days ago
- 12 days ago
PSI is a non-profit organization that applies commercial tools to a social mission in order to achieve measurable health impact. Since 1970,...