The Knowledge Management Specialist is responsible for evangelizing innovative methods for knowledge management strategies and goals throughout the Blue Coat global support and partner organizations. These functions include development and maintenance of knowledge management systems, Knowledge capture & reuse processes, best practices, training and tools; enhance the self-help systems & tools and implement a knowledge sharing community. This is to encourage and drive sharing of Blue Coat’s know-how, information and experience with our clients, partners, and stakeholders.
This position reports to the Director, Global Product Support group.
· Be an advocate for knowledge management by building a knowledge sharing community and assisting members of the support staff to effectively use knowledge management tools, resources and follow best practices.
· Share experiences across knowledge sharing communities, business units, and regional groups on innovative approaches in knowledge sharing, including best practices and preparation of case studies
· Develop and maintain knowledge management & self-help systems, troubleshooting processes & tools to simplify access to solutions and reduce incoming incidents into support
· Coordinate and drive cross-functional knowledge management best practices and contribution with stakeholders from Customer Support, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Technical Publication, and Sale Engineers
· Establish metrics driven reports to monitor and measure customer satisfaction with the tools and impact of the Knowledge management solution in terms of activity and value
· Champion the establishment and nurturing of communities of practice, including workshops, one-on-one guidance, and troubleshooting
Skills & Experience
· This role requires a high level professional communication to all stakeholders with an ability to explain complex concepts in layman's language
· A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all functions, able to generate enthusiasm
· Excellent candidates will be strategic and innovative thinkers who have 5-8 years experience in knowledge management with strong technical skills, an ITIL or Knowledge Management Certification is a plus
· Experience and expert knowledge with customer support self-service systems and tools, Knowledge management systems and Knowledge community establishment
· Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite to be successful in this role
· Ability to matrix manage resources across functional teams and negotiate with upper management for these resources/solutions
· Makes things happen; Is proactive; balances "analysis" with "doing"; sets high standards for self and for the team
· Familiarity with developing and delivering knowledge sharing programs for technology products and companies
· Requires broad functional knowledge in all aspects of technical support business processes and tool, including training and staff development; support planning and delivery quality
· Experience with development and use of business tools and knowledge management systems and workflow with global Customer Support, IT and Technical Publication groups
· Open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing