DMI is a fast-growing IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm with break-through solutions for Enterprise Mobility and Cybersecurity, and industry-leading services in Strategic IT Consulting, Managed IT Services, Enterprise Application Development, and Health IT. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has enabled us to achieve more than 970% growth since 2009, and in 2012 we were recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in the Unites States. Our rapidly expanding client base includes all 15 Federal Executive Departments, and scores of commercial clients. Ranked as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington D.C. area by the Washington Business Journal, DMI offers our employees continual opportunities for personal and professional growth and enrichment. DMI is a rising star -- hitch up your wagon!
Careers at DMI
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Knowledge Management Specialist to champion organizational knowledge sharing for the Systems Division within DMDC, so that information and experienced is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organizational with clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Client is seeking an Knowledge Management Analyst to own this core ITIL process areas for a large enterprise environment. Primary role with be Knowledge / Service Management Development & Reporting .
This position will partner with other members of the Service Management team (ITIL Group) to provide standardized end to end support of these functions. Candidate for this role will share responsible for planning, scheduling, communicating, coordinating resources, and managing day-to day tasks to sustain and improve the Knowledge Management function, helping to ensure that all process touch points and interfaces are working effectively (Helpdesk / Service Desk, Incident & Problem, Capacity, Change/Release Management, IT Asset Management, Service Level Management and Configuration Management)
The candidate will:
- Understand the integration of people, processes and tools within the overall service delivery environment, and how they impact the services delivered to the client.
- Determine best strategic and tactical approach (given organizational culture and other constraints) to continually improve respective processes and services.
- Turn KM ideas into workable solutions by engineering appropriate knowledge sharing internet/intranet sites, rules based systems, portals, databases, collaboration tools, etc.
- Develop process models for optimal Knowledge Lifecycle effectiveness:
- Captures and codifies tacit knowledge, making it available for re-use; connects people to one another to enable the transfer of tacit knowledge to explicit knowledge.
- Creates explicit information from viable resources and integrates content in KM systems into easily accessible knowledge for decision makers.
- Ensures the currency of information for knowledge systems is appropriate and refreshed.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining a “global reporting center” portal/customer interface that pulls from other federated tools suites and is supplemented with other business intelligence reporting at multiple levels.
- Includes generating, collecting and analyzing data from above process outputs and creating real-time dashboards, heat-maps, operational trend reports, monthly metric reports, and executive scorecard reporting that resonates with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Have a drive for process execution and business results – makes things happen; Is proactive; balances “analysis” with “doing”; sets high standards for self; Commits to organizational goals.
- Must possess a deep understanding of Knowledge Management processes and tools used in an enterprise IT service environment.
- Must have hands-on experience with any one of the following products and tools suites with respect to enterprise caliber IT Service and Support operations:
- CA Unicenter (Service Desk, CMDB, Knowledge Tools); BM
- BMC Remedy, BMC Atrium, IBM Tivoli (CCMDB); HP (Service Manager, UCMDB);
- ServiceNow; Altiris; ASG; LANDesk; iET Solutions.
- Must be proficient with analyzing raw data and turning it into meaningful business information and knowledge (both statistical and graphical), for consumption by various audiences using above tools, as well as SharePoint 2010 (integration with other external data sources and internal Microsoft applications). This includes scorecards, dashboards, report cards, information tables, charts and graphs depicting both simple operational metrics and more complex key performance indicators and trends.
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience working in a medium to large size corporation (preferably a global or MNC) or government / military organizational environment, with cross functional experience and exposure providing service or support for IT infrastructure services using related ITSM processes.
- Strong understanding of Data Center Infrastructure; Unix, Linux, VMWare ESX, Networking
- Demonstrate the ability to time-manage and prioritize, take a proactive approach to improving services, and have an innovative and keen interest in learning new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management information systems, computer science engineering, business and/or related technical field.
Qualifications (certifications) Desired:
- Certified Knowledge Manager (Knowledge Management Institute)
- Knowledge Centered Support Certified (KCS)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification (ITIL Foundation - V2 or V3, ITIL Service Transition/Operations, ITIL Service & Support, ITIL Configuration Management, ITIL Change & Release Management, ITIL Problem Management).
- PMP Certification.
- Six Sigma exposure and familiarization (with respect to analysis, tools and techniques).
- MUST be clearable, able to obtain a Government Security Clearance of SECRET.
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.
Digital Management, Inc. - 18 months ago
Founded in 2002, Digital Management is an information technology strategy and solutions company focused on servicing the needs of a Federal...