ARMA-Global is a full service integrator focused on both government and commercial clients. We bring extensive, real-world experience in overseeing the design, implementation, execution and ongoing support of domestic and international programs. With the mounting global complexity of the war on terror, ARMA-Global prides itself in providing creative solutions to client challenges. Our customers and industry partners appreciate the flexible solutions ARMA-Global provides through tightly integrated core lines of business.
Washington, DC (NCR)
The Knowledge Manager ensures that information and knowledge assets are properly managed enterprise-wide, to improve decision-making. Knowledge management (KM) includes all actions to ensure collection, validation, storage, distribution, assimilation, and application of knowledge within the organization. The Knowledge Manager establishes procedures for effective knowledge collection and transfer, establishes a learning environment for employees to develop skills to convert knowledge into solutions, and oversees the use of technology to capture and distribute knowledge to decision makers. This includes KM vision, strategy, concept of operations, records management policy, data standards, Web information exchange, systems planning, corporate databases, groupware, and security. The candidate will play a leading role in the design and implementation of the KM architecture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the basic tenets of KM. Knowledge about how people learn, and how knowledge assets can be used to gain efficiencies.
- Technical ability to formulate recommendations. Able to visualize, correlate, and coordinate the technical aspects of many interrelated elements of information and knowledge systems, including systems with embedded information processing capabilities
- Technical competence in information systems security (ISS). Possess the technical understanding and competence in ISS principles and techniques, including those for communications security and computer security
- Significant theoretical knowledge of and in-depth experience and expertise in the various telecommunications transmission media, especially those used for inter-computer communications
- Possess broad management skills, to include strategic planning, work flow analysis, goal setting and measurement, business process re-engineering, and human resource development
- Knowledge of the intricacies and interactions of working with individuals and teams with diverse cultural and professional backgrounds. Must be able to coordinate efforts with various organizations
- Must have a Top Secret-SCI security clearance or be SCI eligible
Education and Certification Requirements
- The work is performed in an office setting. Occasional and intermittent travel for official purposes is required.
- BS or equivalent + 6 yrs. of experience
- Knowledge Management Certification required
- ITIL v3 Certification preferred
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
ARMA - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard