The Knowledge Manager is responsible for supervision of the Advanced Diagnostics system, content authoring function. In addition, he/she is responsible for interfacing with numerous groups within the Sears Home Services enterprise in order to determine how the Advanced Diagnostics system content and function may best serve the interests Sears Holdings.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for managing the staff, operations, analysis, reporting, and quality assurance associated with the development, maintenance, and support of the Advanced Diagnostic knowledge management system content.
Partners with Product Engineers, end users, and other stake holders to ensure that all program content is technically accurate and appropriate
Develops, analyzes and reports on key metrics associated with the effectiveness of the Advanced Diagnostics system at achieving its goals
Provides direction and priorities and makes assignments to the technical content authors, and monitors their work effort
Ensures consistency and quality of content across all domains, and across all lines of business within Home Services
Defines and supports adherence to content creation procedures, quality guidelines, and workflow processes
Reviews data trends and feedback from multiple sources, and determines action to be taken with respect to new case development or revision, or domain model refinements
Recognizes trends and proactively introduces changes to minimize negative impact, and maximize the benefit to the organization
Creates and refines content to anticipate and adjust for new product releases
Partners with Product Engineers and other associates to identify positive opportunities, and establish priorities to address business needs
Monitors Advanced Diagnostics operations and proactively makes recommendations to management for optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness
Performs supervisory responsibilities, including, but not limited: staffing, staff development, promoting, demoting, and terminating, performance evaluation, and coaching.
• Staff management to include staffing, staff development, evaluation, and workload balancing
• Database/Knowledge base content development (web content development may substitute)
• Business decision support through metrics development and data driven analysis
• Ability to develop/adjust content for specific audiences (technical, business, managerial)
• Ability to establish positive and collaborative working relationships
Ability to measure the effectiveness or appropriateness of content, and make adjustments to improve the value
• Formal Knowledge Management training
• HTML and/or JAVA experience
• Experience with the appliance service industry
• Experience IT services alignment strategies and methods like ITIL
• Experience with simple statistical functions (mean, variance, standard deviation)
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...