Job Summary |
Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Under moderate direction of the laboratory director, collects laboratory specimens by venipuncture, capillary puncture, and collects throat culture specimens for subsequent testing. Performs additional basic laboratory procedures under close direction of techs as proficiency is demonstrated and documented. Exhibit the values of F.I.R.S.T. (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Works standard work week with overtime as necessary. Staffing may require alteration to regularly scheduled shift. Moderate to heavy physical exertion. Potential exposure to laboratory chemicals that may be toxic, caustic, or flammable. Moderate stress level. Numerous phone calls and interruptions. The task of this job involves exposure to blood, body fluids, and tissues. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- Education: CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) certification or equivalent educational background or completion of medical assistant program. Equipment Used/Special Skills Required: Works with specimen collection devices including needles, syringes, and vacutainers. Uses centrifuge and basic laboratory tools. Good patient interaction skills.
- Experience: Computer skills, medical terminology preferred.
- Certification by approved educational program required.
Ephraim McDowell Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that serves more than 146,000 residents from six counties in central...