Performs clinical Histology and Cytology functions using manual and automated techniques, where applicable. Most produce excellent cytology preparation techniques as well as staining of
Pap stains and routine Histology stain (H&E).
See below. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Responsible for the staining quality of Cytology (GYN and NGYN) specimen maintaining
section requirements for reagents and stains quality control.
2. Evaluates Reference Laboratories test results, reviews for inconsistencies and confirms and/or corrects before releasing.
3. Performs preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting procedures on all instrumentation.
4. Maintains stock on all reference laboratory reagents, and follows up specimens TAT
according to section protocol. Also maintains adequate stock of transport media from
Reference Laboratories used in Histology/Cytology laboratory sections.
5. Participates in the evaluation of new products and procedures as required/requested.
6. Consults with pathologists, staff physicians, and other hospital personnel as necessary.
7. Participates in the Quality Control Program for reagents and tests.
8. Performs section GYN and NGYN specimens preparation and Thinprep with minimal supervision.
9. Performs tissue submission with accuracy and well describe – prefix on all tissue blocks.
10. Performs/monitor H&E (routine staining) and label slides, for distribution accordingly.
11. Filing of Surgical/Cytology slides on a daily basis.
12. Proficient in the use of the LIS and Hospital Information Systems, where applicable.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
A.A.S. degree in Medical Technology or related science with one year of relevant hospital experience.
White Plains Hospital Center - 2 years ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...