We are seeking a LAN Administrator to join our team. This position is based in Centerville, Utah.
Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies for 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
Reports to the director, network administration. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Local Area Network (LAN) which includes but is not limited to: installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, documentation and staff training tasks to ensure LAN performance meets company and user requirements.
1. Administer, upgrade and maintain Windows file servers and workstations. Make sure upgrades and maintenance are done by following the system maintenance policy.
2. Maintain current security patch levels and recommended updates on servers and workstations
3. Configure, Administer and maintain helpdesk, and PC management systems.
4. Evaluate and/or recommend purchase of computers, peripheral equipment, and software.
5. Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
6. Perform cost/benefit analysis, evaluate and recommend software and peripheral hardware for user applications.
7. Maintain a hardware and software inventory system and maintain software license compliance
8. Install, configure, and maintain corporate personnel computers.
9. Perform telephone system administrator duties: a) adding new phones; b) moving lines and extensions to other locations; c) setting up and changing phone features; d) troubleshooting telecommunication problems.
10. Troubleshoot network systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
11. Develop and conduct training, computer orientation, and instruction for new system users on operating systems and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of network and computing systems.
12. Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
13. Monitor network for communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
14. Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
15. Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
16. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
17. Document network problems and resolutions into a knowledgebase for future reference.
18. Provide technical support and excellent customer service.
19. Use call tracking system to document all customer interaction and to record technical information.
20. Maintain accountability of property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems & Technology or Telecommunications Business & Education or related field and two years related experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Workstation and Server Operating systems and ability to support a variety of systems with multiple system architectures. A+, Net+, and MCP certifications preferred. Must be willing to travel.
Apply online at www.mtcjobs.com
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 10 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...