The Laser Operator is responsible for burning steel sheets and plates material as specified by work order and customer needs, utilizing Trumph 4050 lasers. The Operator oversees the burning process, including evaluating work orders, properly and efficiently setting up the machine, performing all cutting functions according to drawings, continuously monitoring/inspecting job for quality, packaging material per customer requirements, and cleaning the work area. The Laser Operator is responsible for satisfying customer requirements of quality, quantity and delivery, in a safe manner while maximizing productivity.
- Previous experience with laser operations preferred.
- Mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious.
- General knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices.
- Basic math skills required.
- Working knowledge of general computer programs strongly preferred.
- Proven reliability.
- Self motivated with ability to work under general supervision.
- Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings.
- Team oriented with effective communication skills.
- Fine motor and gross motor coordination.
- Functional literacy required.
Olympic Steel - 24 months ago
Olympic Steel has bypassed gold, silver, and bronze in favor of carbon, coated, and stainless steel. A steel service center, Olympic Steel...