Operate or tend washing or dry-cleaning machines to wash or dry-clean linens
1. Load articles into washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to perform loading.
2. Sort and count articles removed from dryers, and fold, wrap, or hang them.
3. Remove items from washers or dry-cleaning machines, or direct other workers to do so.
4. Examine and sort into lots articles to be cleaned, according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required.
5. Start washers, dry cleaners, driers, or extractors, and turn valves or levers to regulate machine processes and the volume of soap, detergent, water, bleach, starch, and other additives.
6. Receive and mark articles for laundry or dry cleaning with identifying code numbers or names, using hand or machine markers.
7. Other and all duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by employee’s manager.
1) Have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
2) Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
3) Good attention to detail
4) Must be able to work in an environment that may be a noisy and hot climate