Responsible for execution, leadership and management of specific Contract and project deliverables. Manages all project activities and directs a staff of multi-disciplined and matrixed personnel to produce the contractually required end product(s) within the cost, technical, and schedule requirements of the contract in support of overall program requirements. This position typically works under moderate to limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Create/support development of Project specific Integrated Management Plan containing events, accomplishments and criteria
- Create and Maintain Program Management Plan
- Serve as the prime point of contact for the Project area within the Program to the Program Manager and customer, senior management, and functional management
- Control project risk through team identification of risk, risk quantification and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Create project staffing profiles, schedules and budgets in support of the program execution and profit goals
- Support negotiations as required with the customer
- Conduct regular project evaluation and review meetings to identify current and future problems and initiate actions for their
- Attend customer meetings as required. Interface with customer on technical issues, scheduling, and cost and respond to all
customer technical and operational questions with appropriate assistance from functional organizations.
- Prepare and submit progress reports to higher management and to the customer when required
- Maintain regular liaison with all project contributors to ensure the necessary level of communication is in place to assure realization of their commitments
- Monitor and ensure the control of product quality and configuration
- Ensure that all contract deliverables and services are properly delivered to the customer for acceptance within the contractual schedule
- Support project proposal development, pricing development, and Statement of Work (SOW) development
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Four-year college degree, or equivalent in Engineering, plus a minimum of five years of related technical or engineering experience including five years of project engineering/management, program management or other supervisory responsibility. Background in military acquisition and training. PMP Certification highly desired. Operational experience and background expertise in Courseware products desired. Must be thoroughly familiar with program management disciplines and aspects of system engineering requirements, product development and production. Must be conversant in military terminology. Familiar with user/customer current equipment and platforms. The ability to deal with a wide variety of departmental issues. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Requires strong team building and multi-tasking skills. Must be a pro-active leader who is decisive and action oriented. Must possess a security clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
Cubic Corporation - 10 months ago