Under the supervision of the assigned Site Coordinator/Site Manager, is responsible for the provision of mental health assessment and counseling services to targeted population groups at their assigned clinical site
- Demonstrates awareness of transference and counter transference issues and addresses them as them arise.
- Demonstrates clinical skills and judgment necessary to implement the treatment plan
- Participates in the development of clients' individualized care plans in a timely manner and documents all assessment and counseling services in medical records and on clinic encounter forms, also in a timely manner.
- Responsible for actively utilizing clinical supervision and/or peer consultation.
- Works within a transdisciplinary framework to ensure physical health needs are addressed
- Addresses co-occurring disorders, factoring them into client’s treatment plan.
- Communicates and corresponds with outside agencies, authorities and institutions in a timely manner, as evidenced by documentation.
- Connects clients to internal/external resources as appropriate, and as evidenced by documentation
- Performs other related duties and/or completes special project assignments as requested by the Supervisor and/or Assistant Director, Family Counseling Services.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or PhD in Psychology or PsyD.
- Current CA clinical licensure in Social Work OR as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Reliable transportation, valid Drivers License and proof of auto insurance as required by law may be required for some position.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Experience in provision of counseling services to varying population groups.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 20 months ago