Under the supervision of the assigned Site Coordinator/Site Manager, is responsible for the provision of mental health assessment and counseling services to targeted population groups at their assigned clinical site
- Demonstrates awareness of transference and counter transference issues and addresses them as them arise.
- Demonstrates clinical skills and judgment necessary to implement the treatment plan
- Participates in the development of clients' individualized care plans in a timely manner and documents all assessment and counseling services in medical records and on clinic encounter forms, also in a timely manner.
- Responsible for actively utilizing clinical supervision and/or peer consultation.
- Works within a transdisciplinary framework to ensure physical health needs are addressed
- Addresses co-occurring disorders, factoring them into client’s treatment plan.
- Communicates and corresponds with outside agencies, authorities and institutions in a timely manner, as evidenced by documentation.
- Connects clients to internal/external resources as appropriate, and as evidenced by documentation
- Performs other related duties and/or completes special project assignments as requested by the Supervisor and/or Assistant Director, Family Counseling Services.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or PhD in Psychology or PsyD.
- Current CA clinical licensure in Social Work OR as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Reliable transportation, valid Drivers License and proof of auto insurance as required by law may be required for some position.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Experience in provision of counseling services to varying population groups.
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is an organization rich in history and tradition. The small building located at 1809 National...