Parsons Brinckerhoff is a proven world leader in transportation engineering and consistently provides quality services in planning, design, construction management, and program management for a multitude of clients across the globe. Parsons Brinckerhoff’s Chicago office has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and motivated Lead Bridge Engineer who will be responsible for leading design and plan development tasks and performing structural analysis and design of a variety of structure types, the majority would be related to highway and railroad infrastructure.
Some of the exciting and high profile projects that you will be a part of in the Chicago Office are listed below.
- I-90 (Jane Addams Memorial Tollway) project
- Webster Street Movable Bridge over the North Branch Chicago River
- 95 th Street Station
- Circle Interchange
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing the following:
1) Mentoring and developing junior staff will be a significant aspect to this position.
2) Proactive with project changes and its impact on project budget. Project scoping and maintaining project budget.
3) Familiarity with AASHTO design criteria (LFD & LRFD) and with DOT work.
4) Ability to provide close coordination with others on the project, independent quality control and quality assurance reviews.
5) Visiting with clients for growing business and keeping them and other team members well informed.
1) Strong technical skills in structural analysis, including dynamic and seismic analysis, and design of various types of bridge structures including Movable Bridges.
2) A minimum of 7 years experience in bridge engineering. Movable Bridge structural design and inspection experience are pluses.
3) Good verbal and written communication skills required.
4) Accustomed to working in a team environment on challenging projects
5) FHWA - NHI - Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges training and Fracture Critical Bridges Training are pluses.
1) Master of Science in Civil Engineering is required.
2) S.E. is required or ability to obtain S.E in Illinois within 18 months.
3) Ability to work in this country immediately required.
PB has offices located around the world and promotes work-sharing opportunities regionally, nationally, and internationally which is supported by an exceptionally advanced technology and IT group to promote work-sharing opportunities on exciting projects without requiring extensive travel.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 9 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...