Accountable for preparing and serving nutritious food to all Head Start enrollees in a timely manner. Responsible for ordering, storing, and preparing food, record-keeping, training and assisting Food Technicians (Cooks) with ordering food, food supplies, etc., and for abiding by USDA regulations.
EEOC CODE: 80
1. Four (4) years work experience in Food Preparation within a Childcare environment; and
2. Graduated from an accredited High School or possess GED.
3. Must meet current program health requirements.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises, works in cooperation with, and gives directions to Cooks.
2. Follows established procedures for the procurement of foods, equipment and supplies required for satisfactory delivery of food services at the center-level.
3. Maintains compliance with Tennessee Department of Human Services, Child and Adult Care Food Program to meet requirements for center food service operations.
4. Maintains established procedures/practices in the receiving, storage, use and control of all food service supplies.
5. Prepares daily meals and snacks according to the weekly menus.
6. Ensures that food service operations are in compliance with the Memphis and Shelby County Health Department sanitation and safety guidelines.
7. Participates in menu-planning, as necessary.
8. Responsible for waste and inventory control at center level.
9. Prepares special diets for enrollees, as directed.
10. Prepares and serves nutritious, homemade food within assigned Head Start center sites.
11. Ensures that all duties within the kitchen are carried out sufficiently.
12. Ensures all paperwork is correct and submitted timely.
13. Maintains reports pertaining to milk inventory, meal census, production records, year-end inventory, monthly inventory, temperature logs, and market orders.
14. Fills out invoices and requisitions.
15. Make decisions pertaining to the substitution of foods for the day that are equitable in nutritional value for foods that did not arrive from the vendors on time.
16. May sign off on performance evaluations.
17. Handles confidential information that pertains to food allergies of the children that they keep locked away in file cabinets.
18. Contacts vendors on a weekly basis regarding food that they need and warehouse technicians for supplies they need.
19. Performs other duties as deemed necessary, such as dishwashing; paperwork; cooking and
preparing food; sanitizing and cleaning.
20. Participates in on-going in-service training.
21. Participates in nutrition education activities for children, parents, and staff.
22. Ensures confidential information that pertains to food allergies of children are kept in locked files.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Basic math skills. Good written and organizational skills, verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to supervise and give clear directions.
3. Work well with others.
4. Familiar with food service operations, specifically USDA regulations and sanitation requirements.
5. Knowledge of Head Start regulations.
1991 Corporate, Room #600, Memphis, Tennessee 38132
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 2 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...